In this article you will learn how to customize Tooltip in Power BI and how to use a Report page as tooltip in Power BI, Tooltip is very useful feature available in Power BI. You can customize the tooltip like- background color, Font Name, Font Size, Font color etc.
Below are the steps to customize a Default Tooltip:
- Select the visual and Go to Format
- Change the Label Color, Value Color, Text Size, Font Family, Background color etc. as per your requirements.
- Now tooltip will be changed accordingly.
You can display the report page in tooltip also. In the below given example we have created a supervisor wise sales doughnut chart and a tooltip page (Supervisor Tooltip) which shows the sales chart by employees which are coming under respective supervisor.
Below are the steps to show the report page as tooltip
- Add a new page and rename it. (Click on + button available with the sheet tabs)
- Go to the format.
- Enable the Tooltip available in Page Information.
- Select the “Page Size” as “Tooltip”.
- Now design your page as per your requirement.
- Go back to the main page and select the chart or other visual wherein you want to display this tooltip page.
- Go to the format >> Tooltip
- Select Report Page in Type.
- Select your Tooltip page in Page Dropdown.
- Now if you will hover on your chart then it will show you the tooltip page.
Click here to download the practice file.