In the article, You will learn how to create a dynamic filled map in Microsoft Excel. Filled Map is available with Office 365 subscription. You can display the Region, country, or state-level data in a filled map.
Watch the step by step video tutorial:
In the example, we have taken Sales Data as Country, State, and Sales in millions. You can change the data type as “Geography” available in the Data tab.
- Select the State and Sales column.
- Go to insert tab>>Charts>>Maps>>Insert filled map
- Select the table and insert Country and State Slicers.
- Select the Chart and Slicers together using ctrl key and mouse.
- Cut (press Ctrl+X) the selected hart and Slicers and paste on new worksheet
- Chart the size of the chart, make it bigger.
- Click on Chart Elements button (+button) and check Data labels
- Right-click on the chart and click on Format Data Series.
- In the data series window, select Map levels as “Best fit only”.
- In the series color, select Diverging (3-color) and fill Red, Amber, and Green in Minimum, Midpoint and Maximum respectively
- Our Map is ready, If in the country slicer you will select India then our map will look like this-
- If in the country slicer you will select the United States then our map will look like this-
- If we will select any state then change will be changed to the state level-